Windows 10 Courses – the Future
The last upgrader’s course for the year is now underway but is unlikely to be run next year.
Basic Computing for Internet and Email in Windows 10 will continue to be scheduled on demand.
File Management for Windows 10, Level 2 will be added to the course lists for 2017.
The Course Manager is considering a couple of new options:
- A Q&A for Windows 10 to run after the above Windows 10 related courses have finished.
- A single session Demonstration and Discussion on a few special topics in Windows 10.
- Please give us your feedback on these ideas.
SeniorNet Eastern Bays Inc., Auckland is a voluntary organisation for older adults with active minds and who want to keep up with the computer age.
Beginners through to more advanced users are welcome while new topics are constantly being added. We always like to hear from members as to what they would like to have taught. Experienced users are welcome as tutors and every one is encouraged to help with the running of the club.
Our premises, including a teaching room and a seminar room, are located at the Seventh Day Adventist Church, 118 Apirana Avenue (Corner Eastview Road and Apirana Ave) Glen Innes, Auckland, 1072, ph (09) 5282751
New Zealand SeniorNet Federation
SeniorNet Eastern Bays (SNEB) is a Member of the
New Zealand SeniorNet Federation. Click and browse the wealth of handy information, including many special deals with well known firms for NZ SeniorNet members, including all full members of SNEB.
SeniorNet Eastern Bays gratefully acknowledges the assistance of the following major supporters:
- Looking along the main menu above, the Home page is this one. If you click on Rangitoto from anywhere on the site, you will be returned here.
- The Articles page covers recent, upcoming or historical events at SNEB by date and category, plus members’ comments. The RHS table lists upcoming courses still with vacancies in starting order.
- Hover over the the Key Info button and you can then select any of the following:
- Activities – including standard classes, seminars, workshops and invited guest meetings.
- Who – Our current Officials and Tutors.
- Where – the address of our rooms and a Google photo/map.
- Joining SNEB and Enrolling in Classes – how to do just that (also see the Join/Enrol menu).
- Paying or Renewing Subs Online details the many on-line or traditional ways to do this.
- Parking – a guide to parking around the church area.
- Admin – reserved for particular officials.
- Back on the main menu, the Courses page shows complete lists and descriptions of all courses, streams and meetings for the next 30 weeks.
- The very handy Calendar page shows the date and time of each class, meeting and seminar described in Courses. Click any new stream link (underlined) for a pop-up box showing course details.
- Contact Us is a simple way to ask us anything about SNEB. You don’t need an email account to use it.
- The Join/Enrol drop-down menu is a key one:
- With Apply for Provisional Membership, you can attain Provisional Membership and a username and password for logging in and which you retain when you become a Current (paid-up) member.
- With Enrol in Streams or Waiting Lists, logged in Provisional and Current members can do all this online.
- Finally, Join and Enrol Combined (one stop shop) combines the above two, but its complicated!
- Guides is placeholder for another drop-down menu, this time for help with Windows 10, Internet TV, Which Computer to Buy, Frequently Asked Questions, Glossary of IT Terms, FAQ and Texting Tips.
- Similarly, Links drops-down to links about Auckland, Consumer Info, Genealogy, IT, Computers, Devices, Software, Internet, News, Magazines, Photo and Camera-Related, Reference and Search.
- If you are a logged-in Provisional or Current member, you’ll see your My Details link to the right of the Links drop-down. Here, you can review or update your contact details and view your course records. Note: If those are blank, as can happen, return to the home page, log out and then back in again.
- Finally, on the right-most end of the main menu are the Search Site box and the Log In link itself:
- The Search Site box will return all pages and posts containing the word or phrase you enter (and then click on the “magnifying glass” icon).
- The Log In link will take you to a pop-up, WordPress box where (if you are already a Current or Provisional member) you supply your SNEB username and password to enable full participation.
Note for members: If, despite the “Howdy” greeting, your “My Details” info is blank, just return to the main page, log out and then back in again. Ditto if “Enrol” or “Contact Us” doesn’t know your first name – just redo the log in and try again. Properly logging out of this and all other sites is as important as logging in.